Saturday, April 2, 2011

My First Rav Swap - What I sent

This is what I sent my swap partner about a month ago.  The theme was books, comics, and graphic novels.  I read my swapee's  favorite book:  The Dispossessed, and tried to base the swap off of it.  The orange washcloths represent an orange blanket that the main character had.  I had quotes from the book on all the bookmarks to correspond with the handmades, also.  The e-book cover was fun to make.  I had to adjust the pattern because it was originally for a kindle, and my partner had a sony e-reader smaller in size.  It was a challenge at first, being my first attempt at a lace pattern.  I really like how it came out though.  I want to make one for my kindle, too.  The stitch markers were my very first attempt at making stitch markers!  It was a lot of fun.  Working with the polymer clay was a little challenging for me, too, since I rarely ever do it.  I love how the little books came out.  (Of course I made a few extra for myself!)  I found some yarn in her favorite colors:  Panda Cotton for socks, and some Sugar'n Cream for washcloths.  I had a lot of fun putting this swap together.  =)

No comments: