The first is:
I ended the year with 22 books (including chapter read alouds with my oldest daughter.)
I'm going for the "Out of Breath" level - read 6-10 more books than the previous year. So, that would put my goal at: 28-32 books next year.
I will be keeping track of what books I read on this post.
Want to join me? See the challenge here at The Book Vixen's blog!
- Matched by Ally Condie. Finished 1/3/11. 2 out of 5 stars. Meh.
- Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Finished 1/15/11. 4 out of 5 stars.
- The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. Finished 1/17/11. 2 out of 5 stars. Just not my genre.
- Gooney Bird Green by Lois Lowry. Finished 1/23/11. 4 out of 5 stars.
- The Whale by Cynthia Rylant. Finished 1/25/11. 3 out of 5 stars. Super quick, I almost don't want to add it in, but I said I was counting read aloud books, too. I did expect this one to be longer, though. Oh well.
- The Dispossessed by Ursula K. LeGuin. 1/19-27. 4 out of 5. Thought provoking. (Hidden because this book deals with my rav swap, and I don't want to give my spoilee any clue that I'm her spoiler...)
- Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Gold Coins by David Adler. 1/28/11. 3 out of 5 stars. These are getting to be too easy for night time chapter read alouds. I'm thinking Miss Dainty will just have to start reading these herself.
- Boneshaker by Cherie Priest. 2/2/11. 4 out of 5 stars.
- Bleach Volume 1: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers by Tite Kubo. 2/5/11. 4 out of 5 stars.
- 1984 by George Orwell. 2/9/11. 5 stars!
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. 2/16/11. 3 stars
- The Seven Wonders That Will Change Your Life by Glenn Beck and Keith Ablow, M.D. 2/20/11
- The Sandman: Preludes & Nocturnes by Neil Gaiman. 2/23/22. 4 stars.
- Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder. 2/27/11. 4 stars.
- A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers. 3/11/11. 5 stars.
- An Echo in the Darkness by Francine Rivers. 3/16/11. 5 stars.
- Schooled by Gordon Korman. 3/16/11. 3 Stars.
- The Color of the Earth by Kim Dong Hwa. 3/21/11. 5 stars.
- As Sure as the Dawn by Francine Rivers. 3/29/11. 5 stars.
- On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder. 3/31/11. 4 stars.
- My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. 4/5/11. 2 stars.
- What We Keep by Elizabeth Berg. 4/7/11. 3 stars.
- 100 Income Streams for Full Time Moms by Randi Lynn Millward. 5/10/11. 4 stars. Good starting point.
- The Color of Water by Kim Dong Hwa. 5/17/11. 5 stars.
- By the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder. 5/25/11. 4 stars.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. 6/5/11. 4 stars.
- The Color of Heaven by Kim Dong Hwa. 6/16/11. 5 stars.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry. 6/23/11. 3 stars.
Reached original goal!