Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Boneshaker

Boneshaker (The Clockwork Century, #1)Boneshaker by Cherie Priest

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was my first time reading steampunk, and I really liked it. I loved the world and the characters Priest created, although I do wish the characterization had been a bit more in depth from the get go. I can understand that having to focus so much on creating the world might have prevented more in depth characterization, otherwise the book would have been a lot longer. I found myself assuming things in the beginning concerning the two main characters' personalities and their relationship. In the very end though, there was more character development, so that made me happy, but like I said I wish it could have been dispersed through the whole book, not just placed in the end. My favorite character, though, was Lucy, who wasn't even a main character. And I wish we could have known what happened to Swakhammer! Overall, though, I really enjoyed this book, and I look forward to checking out Priest's other books.



View all my reviews

No comments: