Thursday, December 2, 2010

2011 Off the Shelf Challenge

Off The Shelf!


This is the last 2011 challenge I'm joining. The point of this one is to read books that are sitting on your shelf. I have a ton of those, and I keep adding on to them (finding that local used book store hasn't helped at all.) At first I was thinking about doing the Trying level (15 books) but after stacking up 15 books of mine, it was quite daunting to look at. (I am, after all, just getting back into reading.)

So, I'm starting out at the Tempted level (5 books.) Hopefully, though, I will manage to get even more off of my shelf.  If I do, I will continue to add them.

Actual list of books completed:
  1. Matched by Allie Condie.  (on my shelf since Nov. '10)  Finished 1/3/11.  Zomg.  Get it off my shelf and out of my house! haha
  2. Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder (on my shelf since Sept. '10)  Finished 1/15/11
  3. The Choice by Nicholas Sparks (on  my shelf since June '10)  Finished 1/17/11
  4. 1984 by George Orwell. (on my shelf since '00)  Finished 2/9/11 
  5. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. (on my shelf since June '10)  Finished 2/16/11.
    ***Reached original goal of 5 books off the shelf! ***
  6. Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder.  (on my shelf since Sept. '10)  Finished 2/27/11.
  7. A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers. (on my shelf since Nov. '10.)  Finished 3/11/11. 
  8. An Echo in the Darkness by Francine Rivers.  (on my shelf since Nov. '10) Finished 3/16/11. 
  9. As Sure as the Dawn by Francine Rivers.  (on my shelf since Nov. '10) Finished 3/29/11. 
  10. On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder.  (on my shelf since Sept '10.)  Finished 3/31/11. 
  11. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. (on my shelf since Nov. '10) Finished 4/5/11. 
  12. By the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder.  (on my shelf since Sept. '10.) Finished 5/25/11.

Earlier list of the 5 books I've chosen (I finished all of them, so the list is removed.)
Then if I get to them:
10.  The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
11.  Red-Tails in Love by Marie Winn
12.  Atonement by Ian McEwan

Check out the Off the Shelf Challenge over at BA Reading Challenges!

*last updated 4/5/11 
I might actually get my list up to 15!

No comments: