Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I got an award!


My Captivating Images awarded me with the Stylish Blogger Award. She is such a sweetheart, and I really enjoy her blog, too!  She is a wonderful photographer, and her posts are inspiring.  This was such a surprise to me, especially since I haven't been blogging here for very long.  =)  Thanks!

Rules for accepting the stylish blogger award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who sent you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this on to 13 other wonderful bloggers.
4. Contact the selected bloggers and tell them about their award.

So, without further ado, 7 Things About Me:

1.  If I can't find a pair of socks, it is not beyond me to grab two very mismatched ones and wear them anyway.  (My most memorable instance of this was a yellow spongebob sock and a red "Talk Nerdy to Me" sock... no one was supposed to see them, but Mr Hubs noticed...)
2.  Diamonds are not my best friend... kitchen appliances, cookbooks, and knitting supplies are.  (And thankfully, my husband knows this.)
3.  I wish I was more creative.  I'm good at following a pattern or replicating something I like, but to actually create something that is all my own... not so much.  Although, I guess I truly haven't tried much either.
4.  I can read a cookbook like a fiction novel, cover to cover.
5.  I am at opposite ends spiritually from where I was when I was younger.  I grew up as an apathetic Catholic.  Now my heart and my passion rest in Jesus.  I have a peace that I never knew was even possible, and it makes me happy.
6.  I met Mr. Hubs when I was 15, and I knew I was going to marry him.
7.  I love the idea of gardening and growing your own food.  You know, the whole self sustaining backyard farm idea.  Unfortunately, I can barely keep ivy alive.  The only plant I've ever had success with is basil.  Someday, I hope to get better at this.

Well, I don't have a big blogroll since I just started back up with blogging, but these blogs are still special to me.  I love stopping by.  So, here are the bloggers I've chosen.  A few haven't posted in a while, maybe this will gently nudge them.  =)

1.  California to Sicily
2.  Creative Disaster
3.  The Thomas Motherload
4.  Through His Eyes
5.  November Babies Plus 1
6.  Life of the Perfectly Flawed
7.  Our Daily Minutiae
8.  The Clayton Family
9.  Snapshots of My Reality
10. Craft Junkie

No comments: