Monday, November 1, 2010

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 1

My friends Angie, Emily, and Jill are all doing a "Thirty Days of Thanksgiving" blog theme this month.  The goal is to post daily about things you are thankful for.  I love the idea, so I think I'll join in.  Hopefully, I'll remember to take a few minutes each night and post.

Today I'm thankful for:
1. God and everything He's done in my life.  How far He's brought me amazes me every time I think about it.
2. Family time - every moment is so special as we get closer and closer to the upcoming deployment.  The kids don't realize it, but I know it's going to get here sooner than we all realize.  Tonight, we're watching Wall-E, and I love watching the girls cuddle with Daddy.
3. Mr. Hubs made dinner tonight.
4. Homeschooling - at times like now, when Mr. Hubs' work schedule is not set in stone, it's nice to be able to choose not to do school when he's able to be home.  I love taking advantage of any time he gets off, and I love that my kids are home, and can enjoy that time with him, instead of being away.  Time is so precious.
5. For another year - yesterday was my birthday.  I enjoyed the day.  I enjoyed my family.  It was such a simple day, and yet it was wonderful.  I love my life.

What is this?  Visit here.

4 comments:

anglouise said...

I'm so glad you are joining me for the Thirty Days of Thanksgiving challenge!! I'm looking forward to seeing your posts. :)

Sheena said...

Thanks for the inspiration! =)

My Captivating Life said...

I love how you talk about time. That is an excellent point and part of why we homeschool as well.

Sheena said...

Hi! Yes, it is definitely a big part of why we homeschool and really, I think one of the biggest blessings from homeschooling (being able to enjoy all that quality time together.) =) Also, coming to terms with my husband's sea duty work schedule has really made me realize how fleeting time is, and that we really need to focus on how we spend it. Thanks for stopping by! I'll have to come check your blog out!