Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 21

Today, I am thankful for:

57. my husband's selflessness and for the sacrifices he makes on a daily basis.

Today, was such an amazing example of this.  As I mentioned in my last post, Mr. Hubs had duty last night.  He came home this morning, cheery and bright eyed.  "Did you get to sleep?"  I asked after he walked through the door and said hello.

"Yeah... well, a little.  I'll be okay.  I bought these," he said, holding up an energy drink.  "I'm going to shower and we'll go to church."

"How much sleep did you get?"

"Oh, uhh.." he hesitated, probably wondering if he should tell me or not, "two hours."

"That's not enough," I said.  "Are you sure you're going to stay up?"

"Yes, this is my only day off in two weeks, I'm not wasting it on sleep."

And he didn't.  We had a wonderful morning at church with a very challenging message, followed by a great lunch with a friend.  Then we came home and had a very productive day, a nice family dinner, and had family game time with the kids before bath and bedtime.

He did this on two hours of sleep.  He amazes me.  I love him so very much.

No comments: