Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving: Day 27

Today, I am thankful for:


65.  a fun family day celebrating Baby D's birthday.
66.  my grandparents being able to drive down to join us.

Once again, nothing went as I had planned it. I think this is becoming the theme of my life lately!  (Apparently, there is Someone who thinks I need to work on my control issues...)  But I am getting better at going with the flow (at least I think so.)  Baby D was terribly fussy this morning, and I was exhausted after a rough night with her.  Mr. Hubs got home this morning from duty and had to get some sleep.  My grandparents arrived a little earlier than I expected, but that was a nice surprise.  I made cupcakes instead of the cake I didn't have time to decorate.  I didn't get a chance to go to the store to get the decorations I had planned on putting up.  And we ended up grabbing a take out Japanese order instead of going to a restaurant for lunch, like we had hoped for.  BUT when everything was said and done, like my grandma told me, Baby D didn't know anything was wrong at all.  She had fun.  She loved her cupcakes.  She loved her gifts.  She was adorable opening her presents.  Her face lit up at the baby doll my grandparents got her, and then of course the Diego DVDs rocked her world!  =)   It was so sweet to see the girls spend some quality time with my grandparents.  I'm so glad they could make it.  We had a great time.

No comments: