Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Birthday Festivities

I had a great day on my birthday.  Really, it wasn't an out of the ordinary day, but I enjoyed it just the same.  The night before, we carved pumpkins.  Well, Miss Dainty and her daddy carved pumpkins.  Baby D just played with the stringy, squishy pumpkin guts.  I roasted pumpkin seeds and helped Baby D with her pumpkin... mouse?  Whatever it was, it was adorable.  The girls had a lot of fun.

The day of, we went to church which was great, as usual.  Then we had our normal lunch.  And then... I came home, relaxed, and knit, knit, knit, oh and drank coffee with Silk Pumpkin Spice added in.  Everyone I know has been talking about their Pumpkin Spice creamer and how awesome it is, so I decided I'd get the vegan pumpkin spice soymilk and see what all the excitement was about.  I have to admit, it was pretty tasty in my coffee.
So these were my gifts/splurges for my birthday.  The circular needle set, I bought while Mr. Hubs was underway.  He had no idea what he got me for my birthday!  (Thanks sweetheart!)  A new cookbook filled with Indian yummy goodness!  And the Fall KnitScene magazine, which was a haphazard find in my Walmart.  I'm always look for knitting magazines in the magazine section (gasp!) because you'd think that's where they'd be.  Well, I never found them.  Not once.  Until now, I was looking for something in their (teeny tiny) craft section, and lo and behold what did I find strewn across the bottom of the shelf!?  Knitting magazines!  Forgotten, apparently, because they were supposed to have been taken off the shelf already.  Lucky for me, though, I suppose, because I loved reading it, and I really want to make that hooded sweater on the cover.  Oh, and the work in progress is my very first attempt at using double pointed needles.  I'm now half way done with that project, and I love it!  Too bad I can't share a picture, since it's a Christmas present.

Later in the evening, we took the girls to a local church's Fall Festival.  They had tons of games, tons of candy, and the girls had a blast!  I'm not quite sure what they were supposed to be.  Miss Dainty designed their costumes, heh.  She said she was a Bunny Fairy Princess.

So it was a great family day.  The rest of my present was my ticket to the Women's Retreat this weekend, put on by my church.  It will be my first retreat and I'm so excited!

No comments: