Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 Knitting Goals

I'm having a hard time deciding what I want my first knitting project of the year to be.  So, I jotted down this list, and I'm putting it here so I don't lose it (because I will.)  Anyway, this is what I would like to accomplish this year:

Techniques:
  1. knit a pair of socks
  2. lace 
  3. dye my own yarn
  4. kitchener stitch
  5. 3 needle bind off
  6. mattress stitch (I really need to work on my finishing!)(Eloise Cardigan)
  7. get better at continental style (use it for a project)
This actually ends my knowledge of knitting techniques.  I need to do some reading and learn about more.  Maybe I can find a list somewhere.
    Project Goals:

    List of projects I'd like to knit:
    1. first baby sweater (Eloise Cardigan)
    2. first pair of socks
    3. first baby blanket
    4. first lace something (E-Reader Cozy - simple lace pattern)
    5. knit or crochet doll clothes for the girls 
    6. knit or crochet pretend food for the girls 
    7. an adult sweater or cardigan for me
    8. sweater for Miss Dainty
    9. a lace shawl
    Other knitting related goals:
    1. attend a knitting group
    2. participate in a swap (Book Theme Geek Swap on Ravelry)
    3. go to a local yarn store
    4. continue to teach Miss Dainty to knit 
    5. figure out my knitting speed
    6. knit Christmas gifts again (and mail them out on time!)
    7. knit for charity
    8. buy hand dyed yarn
    Now to decide what to start on....
    =)

      No comments: