Monday, March 14, 2011

Keeping Busy

Miss Dainty has decided on a tea party for her upcoming birthday. So, we've been practicing...
I drove up to my grandparents' house to pick up my grandma.  I needed to borrow her for a few days... =)  Miss Dainty had a trip to Colonial Williamsburg for Girl Scouts, and I knew I wanted my grandma to come.  We enjoyed it.  We didn't stay all day since Miss Dainty was still feeling a little under the weather, getting over her cold, but we had fun with what we did get to see and do.  (We are so dressing up next time!!)
While my grandma was here I got to work on some unfinished projects.  I completed the "Daddy Pillows" as we call them.  The girls love them.  I also worked a lot on Baby D's sweater.  I'm just about done.  I have only the seaming and finishing left to do.  My grandparents also surprised me with 4 new vegan cookbooks!  Sweet!  I can't wait to start trying meals out of them.

Today, I worked on the backyard a bit.  I finished raking up the pine needles...  ended up with 8 huge yard bags full.  My love/hate relationship with our pine tree was leaning a little more towards hate after that, but in the end it looked really good.  And the area around it is just begging for flowers.  Miss Dainty picked some out today, so hopefully we'll get the seeds planted soon.  We also picked up a bag of wildflower seed mix that is supposed to attract butterflies and hummingbirds.  Miss Dainty wants a butterfly garden.  I'm hoping it will be flowering in time for her birthday party.  It should, but you never know with me gardening...  =)

And that's what I've been up to...  the temperatures are getting warmer and warmer.  We're so excited for spring!  Hope everyone is enjoying themselves as well.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I would love to go to williamsburg. It looks like you had a nice time.

Sheena said...

Hi Tracy! Yes, we did have fun. I really want to go back. But, there's so much to do, we'll have to plan better next time and focus on exactly where we want to go and what we want to see. I had no idea how big it was. This was everyone in our group's first time going, so none of us really knew what to expect. So neat, though. =)

Diana said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Let me know how the butterfly garden goes. :-)